Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

One FF/FR to rule them all?

Well, not all just the sw ed80 and ed120.

I have acquired a taste lately for flat fields and round stars edge to edge. I've never bothered with ff/fr so far, I'd rather spend the money on an extra scope, but I feel I can justify one. But which one, as I would like to improve both my scopes. So it boils down to this: has anyone used either the dedicated sw ff/fr for the ed80 with the Ed120 or the ff/FR for the Ed120 with the  ed80 and got good results? And when I say good, I don't mean great (as with the dedicated one), just better than using the scope with out one.

If so, which ff/FR did you use to match one scope and slightly improve the other, the ff/fr for the ed80 or the ed120? Perhaps a third party one? (but not too expensive, because it would beat the purpose of buying both the dedicated ones). Something like that: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/stellamira-telescopes/stellamira-2-0-8x-reducer-field-flattener-with-m48-adapter.html ??

P. S. I am using a Canon 600d dslr

Edited by R26 oldtimer
Added camera info