NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Field flattener

CalumM

Hi all I am using a skywatcher 80ed and nikon d7200 for imaging, I was looking at the Sky-Watcher .85x Reducer/Flattener for the 80ed, I was wondering if this was the best option for my setup for shooting deepsky objects and if anyone has used this field flattener and had any feedback

Thanks 

IMG_20200822_203936.jpg

It will certainly improve your images.
I use a 0.8x but not this one. It will reduce your effective focal length and therefore the f-number, allowing you to take deeper images (more light gathered for the same exposure time when compared without the reducer).

Regards
Matthew

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, rockinrome said:

It will certainly improve your images.
I use a 0.8x but not this one. It will reduce your effective focal length and therefore the f-number, allowing you to take deeper images (more light gathered for the same exposure time when compared without the reducer).

Regards
Matthew

What  one do you use I'm struggling to get the skywatcher one at the moment 

8 minutes ago, gilesco said:

It may be worth waiting for the skywatcher one, it is specific to the ED80 and will be better for that scope than a generic.

Not sure, but Altair says: "Works particularly well for refractors telescopes of F5.5-F8 focal ratios, however also known to work with RC telescopes."

• 2 weeks later...