Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Optolong L-eNhance Canon EOS-C Clip Filter Incoming & Special Offer

Since bringing Optolong on board the L-eNhance filter has been incredibly popular. We've have had lots of requests for a clip-in version which is now on it's way! 🙂

Due to arrive at the end of the month, there is a 'pre-order' discount available from now until the end of May saving £30.

opt_l-enhance_eos-c_1.jpg

More details on our website here: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/light-pollution-reduction-imaging/optolong-l-enhance-dual-narrowband-deep-sky-imaging-filter.html.

The L-eNhance filter is a great choice for one shot colour / DSLR imaging filtering everything apart from narrow bands of H-alpha, H-beta and Oxygen III wavelengths making it a great choice for heavily light polluted areas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AstroExploring said:

Was going to buy the IDAS D2 as my local light pollution is LED lights. Is that the better choice or would this work equally well?

This is a narrowband filter so is more suited to emission nebula targets whereas the IDAS D2 really is more for broadband targets such as galaxies. These are actully the two filters I use in my setup and I wouldnt really compare them directly- both are really great at what they do so I would recommed getting both of them- just use them for different targets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, The Admiral said:

I can't see any information about the passband widths, even on the Optolong website. Any idea of what they might be?

From a simple measuring off the screen and calculation the total pass band width measured at 50% transmittance looks around 36 nm with the Hb/OIII 24 nm and Ha 12nm. Others might have access to exact figures.

Cheers,
Steve

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SteveNickolls said:

From a simple measuring off the screen and calculation the total pass band width measured at 50% transmittance looks around 36 nm with the Hb/OIII 24 nm and Ha 12nm. Others might have access to exact figures.

Cheers,
Steve

I measured about the same bandpasses when I did my review on the L-eNhance. I've also seen it cited as 10nm Ha and 30 Hb/O3 IF i recall correctly. 

Super good to see a clip in version. This will be immense with fast wide lenses. Guess it's just ANOTHER thing added to my ever expanding wish list  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...