Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar images 090520, first light with 290MM

tooth_dr

There was a haze over the sky, and although it was bright, you could tell that the sun wasnt getting 100% through. But I just received my new camera courtesy of @Skipper Billy (many thanks :D) so I had to try it out anyway  

I took just 500 frames of each pane, and it was too late when I realised I had messed up the mosaic.  I will get a tilter to get rid of the NRs, but I think this camera has a lot of potential.  It has a slightly unusual sensor shape, being quite long and narrow, but that actually seems to lend itself to imaging prominence on the solar limb.  I stacked 10%, so these are just 50 frames stacked.

Learning to process solar is a lot different to deepsky, I tried not to overdo it, but it's easy to get carried away and overcook them.   There is a distinct lack of detail in the closeups, but I think conditions played a role here.

If you know any good resources, I would be grateful if you would share links etc.

Thanks!

Adam.

SUN-bottom-colour-inverse.jpg

solar-prom-surface-09052020.jpg

Panorama.jpg.2c7b64bb16782b1683cd810b6d813dea.jpg

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 14

4 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

Lovely proms on the close ups.

Good luck with completing the jigsaw.

Its a fail. The small gaps are present between the layers. I set the mount to jump 7 arcsec per click as I moved the mount around the mosaic, changed from the 5 at default, and the sensor doesn’t have the physical height to cover it. 

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Peter Drew said:

The best resource for anything solar is probably the "Solarchat" forum.      🙂

The sun always shines on SolarChat!  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1