NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Newby

Billy

Seasons Greetings to all

I,m Billy based in Glasgow. I purchased an etx125 PE very recently with a view to take my long interest in astronomy to the next stage, thats out of the comfort zone of my armchair and Discovery Channel.

I've little knowledge of the night sky but i've been busy studying starmaps. My aim is to be able to recognise and understand the motion the main features of the sky. My primary area interest is to observe, i suppose i will be limited to the paramaters of my ETX 125. I would like to progress to photography, but i'll learn to walk first shall I.

I,ve got some local problems with obstructions and pollution at my home location, so most of my observing will have to be carried out at nearby remote hi spots so i'm planning some nights out this winter.

I would like to apologise in advance for any stupid questions i may ask, i promise to try harder, and hope to draw on the experience on this site.

So to start, the ETX 125PE i purchased as a starter scope, with a view to its GoTo facility getting me out of trouble if i get lost . In general terms what comments do you guys on its performance?

Regards

Billy

Welcome to SGL Billy. You will get all the help you need here mate.

No such thing as a stupid question on here. Just ask away, you will probably get 500 replies mind you,

that's how eager they are to help.

Happy New Year to you.

Ron. :)

Hi Billy (surname isn't Connolly is it?). Welcome to SGL.

All newbies are scared of asking stupid questions but the reality is that they never are stupid. Just ask away and in no time you'll be writing answers to newbies yourself.

Mike

Hi Billy from me too :wave:

Vis the qoute above

All newbies are scared of asking stupid questions but the reality is that they never are stupid. Just ask away and in no time you'll be writing answers to newbies yourself.

It worked for me :):p:laugh::lol:

Welcome to SGL Billy,

You'll get plenty of good advice on here. If you're looking for some practical experience then you might be interested in our observers group (link below). There are quite a few of us from the Glasgow area and South and Eastwards.

Cheers

Paul

Hello and welcome to SGL mate.. I am a proud owner of an EXT125PE and i have never looked back!! Fantastic scope, the optics are second to none (plus your scope will have the UHTC coating!)

If you have any questions (as i have asked hundreds myself) about the scope, I will be more than happy to help.

Dave.

Archived