Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion XT10g - SynScan App Question...

I recently decided to give the SynScan app a try on my new Orion XT10g.

Now using the hand controller I was familiar with the "Brightest Star" and "Two-Star" alignments methods, indeed I always use the Two-Star method.

With the app however I see that the Two-Star has been replaced with the level north two star.   What is that?  And since there's no manual for the app, what precisely does level north mean?  I'm guessing that you level the OTA and point north but with what precision?  Any idea why that replaces the Two-Star method from the hand controller?

OK, so fine.  I did the Level North alignment.  I noticed that as it goes to each of the two stars and stops, while waiting for you to center the star, a couple of the directional buttons are flashing.  What's interesting is that the ones flashing are not the ones for the direction that the scope needs to move to center the star.  Again, what's up with this?

Finally, after aligning and doing a Goto (reasonably accurate), once it arrives at the target again, one of the directional buttons is flashing and there's a message above the object name that says that I'm to center it.   Huh?  

Can someone help me make sense of all this.  And, is there a manual for this app ??

Thanks.