Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQDIR for EQ5 SynScan controller

SteveBz

2 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

You just need to plug your grey one into the motor control unit (Hand Controller), instead of the handset, the guider\st4 port is a feed from the guide camera, and can be ignored. 

So that's how it is at the moment.  I probably don't need to do anything.  My problem is that I do on-camera PHD2/ST4 guiding and I want to move to pulse guiding via the mount.  I can probably just remove the ST4 cable and point PHD2 straight to the mount.  However in that situation, the handset would be redundant.  I thought of replacing the handset and the ST4 cable and the handset cable with a single EQDIR cable straight to the black box.

S.

PS Thanks very much for your time on this.

• 7 months later...

Sorry for interupt but I have a question about https://www.firstlightoptics.com/sky-watcher-mount-accessories/lynx-astro-ftdi-eqdir-usb-adapter-for-sky-watcher-eq5-pro-heq5-syntrek-pro-az-eq5-gt-az-eq6-gt-and-eq8-mounts.html

Do I need the handset for connect to the pc?...or I can just do it only via handcontrol port ( I will upload a picture )

So it will be just connection from handcontrol port without handset to the pc via lynx astro ftdi eqdir.

Or I need the usb adapter.

received_680811342819733.jpeg