NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mad Mike Hughes and the flat Earth people

DAVE AMENDALL

An article in this morning's Mirror highlights Mad Mike Hughes, who in an effort to prove the earth is flat,launched himself by home made rocket in an attempt  to reach 5000 feet to bring back proof that the scientists have obviously missed. Unfortunately the  re entry parachute failed to open and he was killed. He may not have proved the earth was flat but he did prove it was hard..................Dave

• Haha 2

I am not yet entirely ready to believe this story. I'd want to see a statement from the coroner before I'd even believe for certain that anyone was killed. Even if they were, I suspect that the Flat Earth stuff was possibly just a gimmick for obtaining funding. You know enough to build a rocket but not enough to know that 5000 feet isn't enough and that you can just buy a plane ticket to reach 35000 feet? To my mind this guy was/is just another Evel Knievel.

Olly

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Indeed I have ridden my bicycle to an elevation of 14,000 feet.*

Olly

Well don't just sit there reading. I want gasps of amazement!!!  🤣

7 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

I am not yet entirely ready to believe this story. I'd want to see a statement from the coroner before I'd even believe that Olly reached 14,000 feet. Even if he did, I suspect that the cycling up hills stuff was possibly just a gimmick for obtaining funding. You know enough to ride a bike but not enough that to reach 14,000 feet isn't enough and that you can just buy a plane ticket to reach 35000 feet? To my mind this Olly guy was/is just another Evel Knievel.

Olly

;):D

RIP Mad Mike.

Edited by bingevader