SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Canon number

Anthony1979

1 minute ago, Anthony1979 said:

See i dont understand any of this.... Looking at the chart the 1100 look better

In what sense better, there are things like bigger, higher resolution rear screens, more mega pixels, later DIGIC versions, HDMI connection, video, live view face detection etc etc , none of which will enhance your astro' photos.

Dave

8 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

You already own a DSLR, granted it is a Nikon but there are Nikon imagers on this forum, have you posted what your problems are so as to see if they can be overcome?

I was thinking that BackyardNikon might be suitable, but apparently it doesn't support the D3xxx cameras.

James

21 minutes ago, Anthony1979 said:

Can anyone recomend camera jungle or any other place to get it from

I bought my 450d from camera jungle aka jessops and was very pleased it even came with 12 months warranty new battery, neck strap, eye viewfinder cover  I had a look and 1 at 87 quid and low shutter count only 4868

59 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

I bought my 450d from camera jungle aka jessops and was very pleased it even came with 12 months warranty new battery, neck strap, eye viewfinder cover  I had a look and 1 at 87 quid and low shutter count only 4868

Thats the one ive been looking at

1 minute ago, Anthony1979 said:

The d3500 isnt suppose by anything really and if it is its limited... I am only able to take 30 seconds and nothing more on that camera 

just get the 450 d you won't be disappointed I've a Nikon D3200 but the 450 d is great for astro

• Like 1

IF you get the canon you can get a nifty fifty lens 50mm or equiv manufacture  for widefield view of the milky bar kid...   for peanuts  piggybacked on the scope... Just a thought as well I use one on my 450d albeit not tried it yet, but use it for portrait's of the family slightly off topic..

5 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

you will need an intervalometer remote control about 10-15 quid off amazon or built a serial cable/dsub controller that connects to your pc for +30 sec exposures

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=intervalometer+canon&crid=1UYJ1GNLLO04E&sprefix=interval%2Caps%2C194&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_8

I think my 450D came with the cable, but it was a long time ago.

James

24 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

IF you get the canon you can get a nifty fifty lens 50mm or equiv manufacture  for widefield view of the milky bar kid...   for peanuts  piggybacked on the scope... Just a thought as well I use one on my 450d albeit not tried it yet, but use it for portrait's of the family slightly off topic..

IMG_20200210_222721360.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JamesF said:

I think my 450D came with the cable, but it was a long time ago.

James

I'll have to check the box mine came in never thought just checked and just USB an AV cable

Edited by fozzybear
checking contents of box