Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

German tube, Russian Objective, Japanese Mount: Superb !

John

I will post something in the mounts section as well but I'm so chuffed with this setup that I had to post some pics here :icon_biggrin:

Yesterday I picked up a T-Rex alt-azimuth mount from @GavStar / Gavin. This evening there are a few clear patches so I could not resist putting my 130mm TMB/LZOS triplet onto the mount and gving it a spin.

I'm really pleased with the results so far. Very solid indeed. No counterweights needed. Smooth as butter movement around both axis. Instant control of tension on both axis. Slow motion cables give very precise movement with no shake or judder despite the long moment arm of this optical tube. Best mount I've had this scope on by a long way. Those Russian optics can really show their quality now. 375x on the Moon without any problem at all.

Terrific !!!!!!

Thanks Gavin - The T-Rex is a winner with me :icon_salut:

lzostrex01.JPG

lzostrex02.JPG

lzostrex03.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John said:

Thanks Gavin - The T-Rex is a winner with me :icon_salut:

lzostrex01.JPG

Thanks John. Delighted that you are pleased with the T-Rex (I was very confident 😀).

Complete setup looks great and good that your enjoyment of the 130mm is increased. 👍

I look forward to reading your future reports.

Edited by GavStar
  • Thanks 1