Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC281 - Pacman Nebula

RichieJarvis

Well, to celebrate feeling reasonably human again, and the first clear skies in over a week, I thought I would have a go at the Pacman.

Here it is - not quite as much OIII data as I wanted (grumble grumble), and the Ha was after a pier flip, and I didn't manage to realign quite right, but I think its come out quite well.

This is 8 x 600 seconds of Ha and 9 x 600 seconds of OIII through my Astro Professional 102ED using an SXV-H9.

Cheers,

Richie

11059_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Only just noticed this one. That's a great image, and I hope not to offend anybody by saying its the clearest Pacman I can remember seeing on SGL. Real depth and substance, and nice contrast and definition on the cloud shapes.

I prefer the mix of the two, but you'll never please everybody :(

TJ

Been meaning to post on this thread since you mailed me last week.

Lovely image, and nicely processed. Love the Bok globules. I agree with Richard that this may be your best effort to date. Looking forward to the revisits already :(

atb mate

Iain

Archived