Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EOS 450D Shutter Count?

mattjanes100

Been a long time since i looked on mine but if you have original software that came with the camera there is a way i finding out while the camera is attached to the computer . I know there are other softwares on the web that can tell you but not sure what is compatible with a Mac. Try watching some of these videos , maybe one will help

https://www.bing.com/search?q=shutter+count+software+for+Mac+computers&qs=n&form=QBLH&sp=-1&pq=shutter+count+software+for+mac+computers&sc=1-40&sk=&cvid=919609EDB6AF427E9F5844D622F5AC02

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ouroboros said:

@mattjanes100 have you tried this website? https://www.camerashuttercount.com. You upload a photo and the site provides the EXIF data including shutter count. I've not tried it. 

Thanks, yes tried that one and apparently the 450 does not include shutter count with the EXIF data so that site doesn't work.

1 hour ago, mattjanes100 said:

Thanks, yes tried that one and apparently the 450 does not include shutter count with the EXIF data so that site doesn't work.

OK. That's a pity. I'd like to know what my 450D's shutter count is. 

12 hours ago, mattjanes100 said:

Thanks, will give this a try tomorrow.

If you don't have any luck with gphoto try 40D shutter count (it also works with the 450D). It runs on the mac although the software is old (2008) so I don't know if you will have compatibility issues:  40D shutter count

4 hours ago, Shimrod said:

If you don't have any luck with gphoto try 40D shutter count (it also works with the 450D). It runs on the mac although the software is old (2008) so I don't know if you will have compatibility issues:  40D shutter count

Thanks - I tried this and did have the compatibility issue with OSX Catalina!