NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mugshots for International Astronomy Show 2019

Helen

9 minutes ago, AdeKing said:

No, a side effect of being a frustrated visual astronomer. If I was an imager I think I'd be snowy white. 🤣

I don't have any white hairs as they've all dropped out :laugh:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Helen said:

I'm in there now Ade!!!!!  Waiting for Ranulph Fiennes 😉

I absolutely love that building, I did my Hydrogeology MSc at Cardiff Uni and loved the city and people, fond memories. 

Enjoy Ranulph Fiennes, not seen him myself but one of his presrntations was the reason my friend (and boss) decided to climb Kiliminjaro. 

58 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Always a smile Chris !

I hope to be there on Saturday and and it would be great to meet up again and have a chat.

35 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Saturday for me , I hope.

IMAG0571 (3).jpg

Ah both previous owners of my beloved Celestron Omni XLT102 ED in the same place at the weekend. Hope to run into both of you at some point. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AdeKing said:

Ah both previous owners of my beloved Celestron Omni XLT102 ED in the same place

What a scope that is (for the 20th time) why do I sell these things lol Well, it's a bond us three have...better than a blood oath :D 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Lockie said:

What a scope that is (for the 20th time) why do I sell these things lol Well, it's a bond us three have...better than a blood oath :D 

When I go to meet my maker they'll have to prise the XLT102 out of one hand and the ZS66 out of the other to fit me in the box 🤣

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you Chris. 

• Haha 1

I can only find a picture of me at the IAS looking at Pulsar observatories.
I sent this picture to Mrs W while at the show joking 'Look at what we have bought'......

IMG_0178a.thumb.jpg.e50130cbbd85704758569fbbc90c2e97.jpg

Hope to see some of you on Saturday.
Safe journeys up down or sideways.
Hope the back eases @DaveS

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, Alan White said:

I can only find a picture of me at the IAS looking at Pulsar observatories.
I sent this picture to Mrs W while at the show joking 'Look at what we have bought'......

IMG_0178a.thumb.jpg.e50130cbbd85704758569fbbc90c2e97.jpg

Did you find the locks changed when you got home Alan? 

• Haha 4

Just now, AdeKing said:

Did you find the locks changed when you got home Alan? 

I would have done if the flexible friend had been used!
It is but a dream at present, but I have to drop ever so subtle hints like the picture every once in a while

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd have found the locks changed at the mere suggestion.

I'm trying to persuade Mrs K that I need a pier so the EQ5 can be permanently mounted so I can use my gear more.

I have been recommend to just get one and leave it in a not too prominent but not too hidden position in the corner of the patio until "it gets planning approval" 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AdeKing said:

I absolutely love that building, I did my Hydrogeology MSc at Cardiff Uni and loved the city and people, fond memories. 

Enjoy Ranulph Fiennes, not seen him myself but one of his presrntations was the reason my friend (and boss) decided to climb Kiliminjaro. 

Thanks Ade.  He was great!  such a dry sense of humour...  but the photos of the effect extreme cold, extreme fatigue etc have on various body parts was enough to remind us that this was a deadly serious business!

Cardiff has a lot going for it   (from another Cardiff MSc graduate 😉 )

Helen

• Like 1

[Lots of very bad removed words]

Looks like I ain't gonna make it :( . Drove into Bridport for Morrisons ( 4 1/2 miles / 10 mins), to do my Saturday shopping a day early and could barely get out of the car, even with a stick. When I got home it was just as bad, or maybe worse :(  :( .

Gutted, as I wanted to meet up with SGLers who I missed when SGL19 got washed out, as well as catching up with the FLO guys and Ikarus.

Damn, damn, damn.

If my back does get better (A miracle comparable to raising Lazarus), then I'll make the effort, but don't count on my being there.

• Sad 4