Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mercury Solar Transit - from Las Vegas, NV. USA

SiriusDoggy

Well, the Mercury transit was a huge success here thanks to the script help I received here from Purgitoria. Thank you so much! If you ever make it out to Las Vegas, reach out and I'll buy you a beer.

I'm still working on the full animation but I've included a couple stills and a link to a very short animation test that I made of 3rd and 4th contact. Here in Las Vegas, the transit was already in mid progress so we missed 1st and 2nd contact. The planet was almost halfway through the transit at sunrise. I started imaging as soon as the sun rose above my neighbor's house at 6:50am but it honestly didn't get steady enough to animate until around 8am. So I have 2 hours worth of images to process and edit. I've figured out a few automation tricks to speed up the process.

This first shot is from around 8am.

spacer.png

This shot was at 9:58am, just 4 minutes from 3rd contact.

spacer.png

The animation of 3rd and 4th contact. I haven't composited the edge prominence portion just yet.

spacer.png

Edited by SiriusDoggy
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2