NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Expensive mistake with butter fingers.

Skyline

I had a nasty expensive accident on the 1st night of using my pier, the reducer fell out of my hand and the front filter got smashed. I feel so gutted £185 down the drain.

I am finding hard to swallow. 

I can't seem to unthread the filter from the front now, maybe its jammed from the side of the impact. Any ideas ?

20191109_142519.jpg

Edited by Skyline
  • Sad 6

Maybe try a rubber band around the outside of the filter on the knurled edge...... This gives a more even force around the filter frame,    but if the thread track has been  distorted  too much  .....eek!!  ...it may never budge.

Don't fret too much, these things happen.....   I could post a picture of  my  £500 blunder with a scope....... well, there you go.........my  SGL reputation would go negative in one fell swoop.....

Edited by Craney
  • Sad 1

Ebay is with a scout around for the foam flooring too, especially if you need larger quantities (I wanted about nine square metres when I did my observatory).  But beware the really cheap stuff as it may well be thinner.

James

Just now, JamesF said:

Ebay is with a scout around for the foam flooring too, especially if you need larger quantities (I wanted about nine square metres when I did my observatory).  But beware the really cheap stuff as it may well be thinner.

James

I need it waterproof and hardwearing because it would be outside with the elements.

Nadeem.

Took the 2x TV Powermate out of the case the other day and ended up with just the lens cap in my hand, landed on the tiled floor :cussing:still pondering on a non destructive way of straightening it, something like two pieces of shaped aluminium squashed together in a clamp.

Dave

Powermate.png.e29c3aa3a6fb622f4f6ddcf9fab43a54.png

Edited by Davey-T
  • Sad 4