Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Easy Stargazing

I made a video showing a few objects that can be seen with binoculars or a small telescope. I captured the video at around 22:00 on the 22nd of October. You should get the same view at about 20:00 this week. (The moon may be a bit bright though!)

I've tried to get the views as close as I can to what can be seen with the naked eye, 8x40 binoculars and an 80mm spotting scope or similar.

All comments and criticism welcome!

• Like 19

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Jim i did my friend I subscribed to your channel , as a newbie I am just starting to look up and see things , so what star cluster is the 7sisters ? The big dipper  is what we call the plough ( I wish we all used the same names lol ) 

Edited by Neil H

2 minutes ago, Neil H said:

Hi Jim i did my friend I subscribed to your channel , as a newbie I am just starting to look up and see things , so what star cluster is the 7sisters ? The big dipper  is what we call the plough ( I wish we all used the same names lol ) 

The Seven Sisters is another name for The Pleiades.

On 17/12/2019 at 11:17, Neil H said:

Glad you said that I don't feel stupid now 

I don't think it is in the forum rules, but maybe it should be.

On SGL, there is no such thing as a stupid astronomy question.🙂

We are all learning. Some started earlier and have had the time to pick up more knowledge. Some learned quicker by putting in more time.
Nobody knows everything.👨‍🎓👨‍🏫

Well guys ( sorry I know we have a young lady on here too) but I am learning a lot , I thought I had my scope set up right but I got a laser collimator I first checked the tool glad I did it was off a little , then did the telescope and what I thought was right was well out , so I hope next outing the image will be better