Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Gave the Tak a treat today..

F15Rules

...well, a polish actually, as much to take my mind off the relentless rain and cloud as anything else..

IMG_20191016_164900003.jpg

IMG_20191016_164850398.jpg

For a 20 year old scope she came up like new.IMG_20191016_164916039.jpgThis Renaissance Micro Crystalline wax polish was recommended to me some years ago by Mark at Moonraker scopes and it really is the business. Just apply with a soft clean cloth (sparingly) and buff with another clean cloth immediately.

A small tin (see photo) lasts for ages and I can really recommended it - and Tanya the Tak FS128 seems to like it too😊.

And guess what? The clouds rolled away this evening and I had a very pleasant hour around Lyra with Vega, the Double Double etc. A nice end to the day👍

Dave

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Here you go Jock ☺..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Picreator-Renaissance-Micro-Crystalline-Wax-Polish/dp/B001DSZWEM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=renaissance+wax+65ml&qid=1571260420&sprefix=renaissance+wax&sr=8-1

It's not cheap, but it goes a very long way and lasts indefinitely if you keep the top screwed on properly.

HTH,

Dave

• Thanks 3

Scope fettling - the ideal antidote to a rainy evening :smiley:

If this weather keeps up, we will all have the best collimated, most highly polished and optically clean instruments anywhere on the planet !

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 16/10/2019 at 21:24, F15Rules said:

...well, a polish actually, as much to take my mind off the relentless rain and cloud as anything else..

For a 20 year old scope she came up like new.IMG_20191016_164916039.jpgThis Renaissance Micro Crystalline wax polish was recommended to me some years ago by Mark at Moonraker scopes and it really is the business. Just apply with a soft clean cloth (sparingly) and buff with another clean cloth immediately.

A small tin (see photo) lasts for ages and I can really recommended it - and Tanya the Tak FS128 seems to like it too😊.

And guess what? The clouds rolled away this evening and I had a very pleasant hour around Lyra with Vega, the Double Double etc. A nice end to the day👍

Dave

Definitely an excellent and effective product. The tin which you supplied with Andromeda 4 years ago is still going strong despite regular polishing.

Edited by Saganite
  • Thanks 1

On 16/10/2019 at 22:16, F15Rules said:

Here you go Jock ☺..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Picreator-Renaissance-Micro-Crystalline-Wax-Polish/dp/B001DSZWEM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=renaissance+wax+65ml&qid=1571260420&sprefix=renaissance+wax&sr=8-1

It's not cheap, but it goes a very long way and lasts indefinitely if you keep the top screwed on properly.

HTH,

Dave

Thanks Dave. It’s had some very good reviews so might order a jar up to while away those rainy days! 

On 16/10/2019 at 21:24, F15Rules said:

Dave

She certainly looks gorgeous lying naked after her body waxing Dave. Makes my heart skip a beat! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Amazingly, I have a tin of this too!

I bought it when I was working on a project Skylight Telescope package, and it was recommended by Richard Day, but the project didn't take off and the tub went into the cupboard under the stairs! I'd forgotten all about it until I saw this post! I must dig it out. Got some time off, so I must treat my scopes to a coating! (specially as I need to polish the wooden tripods again too)

Ant

Excellent heads up, Dave (@F15Rules) :thumbright:

Without a doubt this is the best wax on the market. I use it for our stone flooring (on hands and knees methodically buffing some 300m2 :blink:). I use it on two great Venetian plastered walls we have in the hallway and up the stairs. Use it on the marbled staircase and red brick stairwell. Use it on my stone collection, guitar, leather belts and handbags (not mine :tongue2:), wooden furniture and jewellery. Not to say, on the truss dob and fracs. Only downside is that in Spain it's a little pricey (around €20 for 200ml) but well worth every cent.  

• Thanks 1