NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Prototype Sky-Watcher Evolux ED Refractors

FLO

1 hour ago, GazOC said:

So the Evostar range is under no threat at those prices 

I hope Skywatcher maintain the ED Pro range as really good ED doublets with an entry level pricing scale. While they have areas where they can be improved (eg: focuser) it would be a shame if they were dropped to make way for a significantly higher priced range IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Does indeed look like an Equinox 66 but with a better focuser.

392A2E19-33E0-4896-AA3E-1EE55DC8CF26.jpeg

Excellent scopes the equinox series. These new ones look like a replacement to me. 

I regretted selling my 80mm equinox and since then I’ve not sold a single astronomy item ! 

4 hours ago, Ken82 said:

Excellent scopes the equinox series. These new ones look like a replacement to me. 

I regretted selling my 80mm equinox and since then I’ve not sold a single astronomy item ! 

I've got an 80mm Equinox, my regret is not buying a 120mm when they were available. I got an Evostar ED120 instead to save a few quid 

It will be interesting to see the UK prices and I’m sure it won’t be long before @FLO let us know along with a UK release date. 
Hopefully there will be some reviews along soon as well probably from the well known YouTube channels.  
If a new scope was/will be on the cards one of these would be preference though  StellaMira 85mm ED2 Triplet 😁

On 19/02/2020 at 07:30, Skyline said:

I don't like those clamp shells. Maybe having tube rings would have pushed up the retail price.

Not even sure its a clamp with the 62mm it might just be incorporated into the scope and not be removable.....in which case I dont see a camera rotator...which begs the question, how do you rotate the sensor if using a threaded connection to the dedicated 0.9x reducer flattener?

18 minutes ago, johninderby said:

It’s definately a clamshell. You can see the split in this photo.

30F16CC0-4002-43C7-B992-A8E0A415D2D0.jpeg

Yes I see that now, I was looking on another web page where the scope was pointing right to left and there was no split, but I can only think that they must have flipped the image of the scope as seen from the other side. I am guessing that the dove tail will need to be mounted quite far back to get balance and so if you need to rotate the entire scope in the clamp to get the correct sensor orientation it will be best to mount the scope with the focuser upside down. Also wondering if that is a compression ring on the 62mm or they went cheap and its just thumb screws. 

Adam

Edited by Adam J

https://www.altairastro.com/skywatcher-evolux-82ed-refractor-telescope---ota-only-2575-p.asp

Altair have the page up for these fracs. The 82's glass type isn't listed (al-la Evostar 72ED) therefore is unlikely Ohara FPL-53 of the Evostar 80, or even fp-51? It is listed as improved ED glass. Interesting but I don't think this will be a step up from the Evostar 80 ED?