Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Please be gentle ! My very 1st guided DSO-M1 the Crab Nebula

beamish

Okay here we go.

ISO 800, 10x 180s, 5x240s 5x240s Darks added. DSS and PS CS3 Extd.

I am +ve there's more to get out of this but my skills are just aren't upto it :) I would have had a great deal more data if it hadn't have been for the dozy mistake/oversight re the guiding settings in PHD.

BUT I am rather chuffed with this :hello2: (set as desktop bcakground :D )

10843_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Anyway it's a start ! Onwards and upwards :thumbright: Might give it more time during the week.

Karlo

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Steve, there's still some work to do on it but Yeah baby !! once those grid lines went green !!!!Yahooo :D

Thanks guys, would have been tragic otherwise given the quality of last night's sky :shock:

aw shucks :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

What did you do wrong with PHD?

Ant

I was trying to guide and kept getting calibration failed because...... I was trying to guide with EQMOD but had left the " mount" settings menu at " ON CAMERA" - DoH :withstupid:

I eventually decided to change over to ST4 cable, at which point I noticed the problem and changed to Ascom, connected to mount via Eqmod 5/6 and BINGO !!!! :wav:

Put it this way, it's not as is if I'll ever make that mistake again

Archived