Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

200pds SLR focus problem

Hi Fellow Stargazers 

So I'm still waiting for the relevant field flattener to arrive from FLO for my Skywatcher ED72, as the Skies were clear I thought to take a few shots through my 200pds Skywatcher. Here's the thing, I could not get it to focus at all. 

Anyone out there have any idea why. I thought the PDS was especially suited to SLR photography. 

Thanks 

Simon 

1 hour ago, Pompey Monkey said:

post a picture of the camera mounted to the 'scope

plus maybe also 4 second snaps with the telescope pointed somewhere in say, Cygnus? Start with the focuser all the way in and then at about 5mm intervals racking out. You should begin to see stars at one of those focus positions. Unless you have a bright star in the field of view, it's unlikely you'll see anything either through the viewfinder or if you have a dslr, via live view.

Which SLR are you using? Is it a film camera?

Cheers

Edited by alacant

Hi, 

Thank you all for your advice. I'll take a look at the scope and let you know how I get on. 

It's a Canon 1000D which does have live view. I was attempting to focus in live view but even though I could do this with a lens, I couldn't see anything in live view. 

1 hour ago, Simon Dunsmore said:

Hi, 

Thank you all for your advice. I'll take a look at the scope and let you know how I get on. 

It's a Canon 1000D which does have live view. I was attempting to focus in live view but even though I could do this with a lens, I couldn't see anything in live view. 

I used to use  same combo the 1.25 extension that comes with scope,  the barrel unscrews from the base , thread the 2” base on to the camera adapter job done 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon Dunsmore said:

Thanks folks, this is all really helpful, I plan to set up the scope and try it in the daylight. I've attached a photo of what I think you meant. 

Thanks again for all your help. Will keep you posted 

DSC_0023.JPG

That's exactly how the connection looks when I used my 200p and dslr for imaging 

• Like 1