Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looking good out there, but......

Stu

.....need to be up at 5am, heading to the Air Tattoo at Fairford. Just had a quick sit out in the garden with Mrs Stu for 10 mins, Jupiter shining very brightly and Saturn clearly visible, as was Arcturus. We had a quick listen to Bertie Bat using my kit built Bat Detector as he (or she) patrolled up and down the garden.

With all this rain about, if you have got a clear sky then I suspect the transparency may be quite good.

So, good hunting to anyone out there tonight!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Stu, but not looking so good here. It did clear after the rain, but now have cloud building again. I got on Jupiter for about 3 minutes, not quite long enough to focus the camera. I will leave all set up and fingers crossed that I can get a look at the Moon when that rises later,,,,

Geof

Edited by geoflewis
  • Like 1

Just emerging from a performance of Brian Eno’s Apollo soundtracks in the Barbican, I spied the ISS passing overhead.  The technology has moved on so much, but the achievement of the Apollo missions is still astounding. Sadly won’t be observing tonight.   

• Like 1

Was out for a while, extending the Berlebach Report tripod useful for gaining a glimpse of Jupiter cruising above the wall and a neighbours chimney pot. Seeing not so great, M13, M57 and a satisfying view of Albireo. Becoming accustomed to using a Tele Vue Starbeam had largely been the main preoccupation.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stu said:

.....need to be up at 5am, heading to the Air Tattoo at Fairford. Just had a quick sit out in the garden with Mrs Stu for 10 mins, Jupiter shining very brightly and Saturn clearly visible, as was Arcturus. We had a quick listen to Bertie Bat using my kit built Bat Detector as he (or she) patrolled up and down the garden.

With all this rain about, if you have got a clear sky then I suspect the transparency may be quite good.

So, good hunting to anyone out there tonight!

Me too Stu, much as I wanted too it was either too late to finish or too early to start, we're leaving at 6am as it is.  The need for sleep won this time. 

Glad to see that others got some luck though. 

Ade