Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging Challenge #28 - Lunar Landings

The theme for the 28th challenge - July 2019 - is  Lunar Landings!

Start Date: 1st July 2019
End Date: 30th September 2019

Rules: To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing the challenge this month is to take an image or produce a sketch / drawing showing any of the Lunar Landing sites from not just Apollo missions but any place where a human made object has landed on the moon. Close-ups, wider field, animations, movies with annotation or graphics you create are all welcome 😃

Prize: A personalised mug for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places featuring your image kindly provided by our sponsors FLO 😃 and a virtual trophy for your signature.

--

RULES

All data must be captured and processed by you (no collaborative entries). 
Data must be captured during the challenge start & end dates. 
Multiple entries are allowed but please start a new topic for each entry. 
Multiple submissions of the same image, processed differently, will not be accepted.

--

To enter please start a new topic with your image in the ‘Imaging Challenge #28' forum (each challenge will have its own). Please post as much information as possible - when it was taken, how it was captured and processed, etc. The info won't necessarily be used for judging but will help fellow SGLers looking to learn and improve their knowledge and technique.

• Like 5

Has me already curious what has landed on waxing cresent portion of the Moon 😉 

Nice challenge indeed...

Edit ;

"Curiosity" got the best of me and I thought to share a little with my fellow runners up...

346619main_moonimg_07_full.jpg.92374a92ac424042661860ec8ebca12e.jpg

Clickable Missions Map Here :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing

Best of Luck and Clear Skies Everyone!

Freddie.

Edited by SIDO

14 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Easy... which bunker is it in!?  If it's even landed yet..

I've spent a few days with guys from the University of Arizona.  One session was with the lunar missions' photo archive, and the guy showing us had spent quite a while working out where the ball could have landed and eventually located it!!😎

• Like 3

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 21:14, Helen said:

I've spent a few days with guys from the University of Arizona.  One session was with the lunar missions' photo archive, and the guy showing us had spent quite a while working out where the ball could have landed and eventually located it!!😎

That I can imagine is a fair amount of effort, I struggle in a bit of long grass sometimes, let alone in reduced gravity, dusty white, cratered, inhospitable environment like the moon..  I wonder, did he ever tell you har far it travelled?

7 hours ago, Fozzie said:

That I can imagine is a fair amount of effort, I struggle in a bit of long grass sometimes, let alone in reduced gravity, dusty white, cratered, inhospitable environment like the moon..  I wonder, did he ever tell you har far it travelled?

Yes, he's a proper Apollo lunatic 😊  I'll ask about distance....

Helen

• 2 weeks later...