Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Recommendations for bag/box for storing Astro stuff

Hi All

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good bag/box to store various and sundry items used for Astronomy/Astrophotography?

I would want to store a compass, spirit level, eye pieces, cables etc. What is everyone using for this?

Many thanks

A

I tend to use flight case type storage for my eyepieces and cameras, but for mixed stuff I use a plastic toolbox.  I might make a separate "going on holiday" transport box to fit neatly in the car for just those things I want then.

James

I use a cantilever flight case because it's convenient to have open on the ground next to the telescope.

The trays are therefore raised up and easier to reach into than a flat case.

You have to choose carefully though, most of them are fairly small, this one was the biggest I could find, and cost about £45 on Amazon.

I shaped foam rubber for some of the compartments to stop my lenses rolling around, but now they've multiplied too much (a common problem I believe ?), and the now have their own Peli case, with a wooden framework to space them apart.

I still use the cantilever for everything else though.

goodies case.jpg

peli case.jpg

• Like 2