Some rubies for NGC2903.

ollypenrice

I ran both barrels of the dual TEC in Ha last night to see if we might enhance our 10 hour LRGB image. The transparency was a bit below par, alas, but we did find a few tiny rubies in the spiral arms...

576603361_NGC290315HRSHaLRGBweb.thumb.jpg.e1a4937c35e875f9e3e82c23eab12f01.jpg

Non-imagers would think us mad to stay up half the night for this whiff of next to nothing. They'd be right!

Olly

22 minutes ago, blinky said:

Lovely as usual!  Can you post the Ha image?  Just intrigued to see what you caught in Ha only.

Sure. As you can see there is not a lot of signal and in this form it was too weak to lighten the red at all, so once I'd pasted it on top of the red as a layer in blend mode lighten I used Curves with the background pinned and lifted the upper curve till some signal found its way in. A bit of a token gesture really!

1371083836_COMBINEDHaweb.jpg.32cd0816dd24dec9c8114e0913ec230a.jpg

Olly

31 minutes ago, blinky said:

Lovely as usual!  Can you post the Ha image?  Just intrigued to see what you caught in Ha only.

It was quite a short night because the object went too low after about 2.5 hours.

Olly

13 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Non-imagers would think us mad to stay up half the night for this whiff of next to nothing. They'd be right!

Olly

At last a glimmer of understanding from a confirmed imager! We visual DSO junkies do that every clear night!! A wiff of almost nothing is all we ever get??.

Looks like a cracking image to me.

Paul

On 09/04/2019 at 11:04, ollypenrice said:

Ah but with both big barrels blazing you can be sucking up those photons at Warp factor 2 now Olly.  Lovely result.

Archived