NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Getting back into imaging after a long break

Gina

I have one coffee a day around mid-morning.  Otherwise it's tea all the way.  Except for water with my porridge and orange squash with evening meal.

Been out and put the guttering back up with outlet at south end.  Think that will be all I do today for fear of overdoing it.  Forgot to take a spirit level out with me - maybe do that tomorrow or another day.

According to the weather forecast it might be possible tonight but I've probably done enough for today - have to be so careful ATM not to overdo it.

CO says it's clear tonight but also says just 11%  cloud cover ATM and there's total cloud cover!!!  I think if the sky clears for imaging tonight it will be a minor miracle!

2106409146_Screenshotfrom2019-07-2217-43-45.png.6f7c1d9a83698706c6aabece468d41fe.png

Edited by Gina

Visibility is alright though not great maybe 10 miles but hazy in the distance.  Solid light grey cloud can barely make out some shapes.

Yes indeed, feels very "close" here too,  Electrical storms are not supposed to arrive until tomorrow evening but who knows!  I shall not be risking imaging tonight even if the sky does clear - I haven't got my automatic roof closing done yet.  I have the parts but everything takes a lot of time and energy these days.

Ha ha ha!!

Just looked outside - it's getting murky.  Not thick yet but it's in the air and there's a hell of a dew.  Up above the clouds have cleared and there are some stars out plus Jupiter shining brightly.  The local news forecast fog tonight and tomorrow morning.  Seems about right for once!

Just looked outside and the clouds seem to have departed despite what CO says but I'm not imaging tonight as I've spent today's energy working on the observatory and I'm off to bed shortly.

1628867926_Screenshotfrom2019-07-2422-21-50.png.261eed8090b6cf4fcabee0c0970147e0.png

Just had a peek outside myself, Gina.  There are definitely clear patches, but obvious clouds too.  I'm half-tempted, but actually I could do with a decent night's sleep too.  Missed out on a fair bit last night thanks to the weather.

James

• Like 1

The sky's sort of clearing over here, but the transparency is only so-so. I'll give it a while before deciding what to do. The 'scope is set up and pointing at the Crescent ready to go if it gets better.

• Like 1

I did indeed go to bed shortly after my last post and dropped off to sleep straight away - had had a busy but rewarding day progressing the roof automation.