NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Atik Base - early adopters requested

Helen

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's needed is something capable of running at least 2 of everything on a dual rig ( preferably 3 of everything ) dual setups are now very common but none of the available gizmos of this ilk seem to have grasped this fact.

Dave

1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

What's needed is something capable of running at least 2 of everything on a dual rig ( preferably 3 of everything ) dual setups are now very common but none of the available gizmos of this ilk seem to have grasped this fact.

Dave

I agree there Dave!  eg the pegasus has just one focus controller and not enough dew controllers etc...

Helen

14 minutes ago, Gina said:

I have been doing much the same using KStars/Ekos/INDI with RPi for some time...

Looking at the pictures, that is exactly what it is running, which can all be downloaded and installed on a RPi for nothing, if you have a RPI.

It’s just another version of the brilliant Stellarmate, with added power outputs... none of the software is new, it’s all readily available free, Kstars / Ekos...and Indi powered...via an rpi3b

Wonder how much that will be for the privalege of the nice red box to house the rpi3b in... :)

8 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

And the focus controller can operate 4 focusers, how many do you want..??

WIth the pegasus ultimate hub?  If so, how please ??  (although I haven't got one sorted out yet given the non-standard connector - why didn't they use the connection every robofocus compatible system uses??)

Helen

8 minutes ago, Helen said:

WIth the pegasus ultimate hub?  If so, how please ??  (although I haven't got one sorted out yet given the non-standard connector - why didn't they use the connection every robofocus compatible system uses??)

Helen

You can't run them all at once.

2 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

The driver has 4 profiles.. :)

Tried running different profiles in Maxim and that didn't work even with two different ASCOM focus drivers, what's different about the Pegasus ?

Dave

1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

Tried running different profiles in Maxim and that didn't work even with two different ASCOM focus drivers, what's different about the Pegasus ?

Dave

The 4 profiles are designed to enable the hub to be switched between outfits without changing all the settings etc.  You can't plug in and run 4 separate focusers simultaneously.

10 minutes ago, RayD said:

The 4 profiles are designed to enable the hub to be switched between outfits without changing all the settings etc.  You can't plug in and run 4 separate focusers simultaneously.

No good to me then :grin: seems more of an ASCOM limitation though as the QSIs are happy running 3 with their own non ASCOM drivers.

Dave

Just now, Davey-T said:

No good to me then :grin: seems more of an ASCOM limitation though as the QSIs are happy running 3 with their own non ASCOM drivers.

Dave

I'm not sure if the driver itself would run 4 at once, Dave, possibly would.  The problem is there is only one output, so you can only plug one in.

14 minutes ago, RayD said:

I'm not sure if the driver itself would run 4 at once, Dave, possibly would.  The problem is there is only one output, so you can only plug one in.

Still haven't got around to trying to do it in SGP but don't hold out much hope.

Got a Sharpsky focuser so will see if it will coexist with a Lakeside one, need them all to play nicely together and refocus automatically after a filter / temperature change.

Dave

3 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Still haven't got around to trying to do it in SGP but don't hold out much hope.

Got a Sharpsky focuser so will see if it will coexist with a Lakeside one, need them all to play nicely together and refocus automatically after a filter / temperature change.

Dave

SGP will happily run two instances and two separate drivers.  Not sure on 3, never tried.  Trust you to have all those telescopes ?

21 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Dave

I can confirm 3x SGP works using Sharpsky, Robofocus & Lakeside controllers.

There will be issues with Ascom driver that aren't written specifically for running 2x identical hardware, I found Atik were vary helpful sorting the ascom drivers for my 2x One 9.0 cameras as the filter wheels had conflicts with the normal drivers. 

The only other hardware Ascom related problem I've had with SGP is the warmup with my G3-16200EC cooler not always switching off properly. 

Peter

Archived