NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Christmas lights' rant...

emadmoussa

In my dark-ish garden I sat to observe. A bit early to expect full darkness free from the lit windows of my neighbours and their 'well-spoken' teenage son who loves to Skype-f-shout his friends before bed. Then realised...it's nearly impossible to observe with the neighbour's Christmas light flickering off and on. Good luck achieving night vision. Although less Christmas-y than earlier last month, our street still looks like carnival central. 

Can't wait for the holidays to run their course, it'll be darker and quieter. Tonight's visibility is good, a rare occurrence,  and I'm heading back out after everybody's gone to sleep. Fingers crossed. 

20190101_213609.thumb.jpg.5dd649eb31899bdb43f58edbdc7084e9.jpg

It's Christmas time.... lights go up for a few weeks.... why not ask your neighbor to flick them off after 22 or 23:00? Surely it's not a big ask,.. I'd turn them off is a neighbor asked me to turn them off for one night because of their observing....

Thankfully, they turned them off at midnight, giving me literally 15 mins before the clouds moved in. It's supposed to be sunny and clear today as well, yet all I can see is thick clouds. 

Sometimes, I wonder if this is by the far the most frustrating hobby of all. 

5 hours ago, Dave Lloyd said:

They'll be coming down presently so we can all prepare for Easter. 

With the exception of moving the tree back outdoors we are fully "dechristmassed" already.

James

Archived