Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Comet 46P wirtanen time-lapse 08-12-18

This second time-lapse is 4 hours of 120s subs. Taken with my Equinox 80ED and 1300D, some light cloud drifted through during the session which has made processing a challenge.

Software used... Canon digital photo pro, Star Tools & Timelapse tool.

Thanks for looking.

Nige.

1 hour ago, happy-kat said:

I enjoy time lapses of comets though I'm thinking each frame has to be individually processed, I can see the scripting function in testing right now for StarTools could be very useful for batch work.

I have used PIPP which is free and it takes a lot of the work out of it.

Thats a fantastic animation above Nige.  

10 hours ago, happy-kat said:

I enjoy time lapses of comets though I'm thinking each frame has to be individually processed, I can see the scripting function in testing right now for StarTools could be very useful for batch work.

Its a long process, I shortened it by batch crop and resize in digital photo pro, then each frame a quick wipe, develop & colour balance with Star tools, then back to DPP for batch noise reduction. Still took many hours :) 

A Star Tools batch process would be ultra helpful.

Archived