64P Swift-Gehrels 29-10-18

Had another go at animation of this comet, very dim and hardly moving, 9 frames 20 minutes apart before it clouded over.

Hard to see now it's uploaded, it's about a third in from the left half way up.

Dave

64P-SG-29-10-18.thumb.gif.9b4735aab8c45ac09cb2c904abf6aa43.gif

What were you using to take the images and what were your settings, if you don't mind? I've never tried to capture a comet to animate it, but I might try something easier in the future like 46p/Wirtanen later this year to give it a go.

8 minutes ago, Buzzard75 said:

What were you using to take the images and what were your settings, if you don't mind? I've never tried to capture a comet to animate it, but I might try something easier in the future like 46p/Wirtanen later this year to give it a go.

Using Canon 60Da William Optic Z61 mounted on Skywatcher Star Adventurer, 30sec's @ ISO1600, they're generally a bit brighter and faster moving, the hardest bit about imaging this one is finding it without GoTo :grin:

Dave

Nice one Dave

24 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Using Canon 60Da William Optic Z61 mounted on Skywatcher Star Adventurer, 30sec's @ ISO1600, they're generally a bit brighter and faster moving, the hardest bit about imaging this one is finding it without GoTo :grin:

Dave

I bet it is.

Well done Dave, i see that you have managed to capture it.

I am keeping track of three at the moment, 64p/SWIFT..G...38P/STEPHAN..O....and 46p/WIRTANEN.

Not holding out for much with 46P/W though as it is low and right behind my house...[ and it will be the brightest ]... just my luck..

Bob.

36 minutes ago, bob-c said:

Well done Dave, i see that you have managed to capture it.

I am keeping track of three at the moment, 64p/SWIFT..G...38P/STEPHAN..O....and 46p/WIRTANEN.

Not holding out for much with 46P/W though as it is low and right behind my house...[ and it will be the brightest ]... just my luck..

Bob.

Thanks Bob, been waiting for the Moon to be off to have another go at 38/PSO, got the same problem with 46P/W hiding behind neighbours roof, only using the Star Adventurer so may cart it off somewhere for a better view.

Dave

6 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Thanks Bob, been waiting for the Moon to be off to have another go at 38/PSO, got the same problem with 46P/W hiding behind neighbours roof, only using the Star Adventurer so may cart it off somewhere for a better view.

Dave

I  am keeping fingers crossed that it will get above roof tops in December.

Bob.

Archived