Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

'AllSkEye' all-sky imaging Software (Windows)

AngryDonkey

• 1 month later...

This is working well for me on my rudimentary sky camera, great stuff.

Just got to tweak my colour balance out, I had a night of great capture but haven't yet replicated the colour again, I checked the log but it wasn't there and I didn't appear to save my settings, user whoops.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I hope I'm putting this Q in the right thread - sorry if I'm inadvertently reopening an old one (in which case mods pls feel free to move).

Quick Q: could AllSkEye support these new Wyze cam v3 cameras which have night vision in them?  Even if its not for full functionality, could some of the software functions be used?  I've tried to see if these cameras have Ascom drivers but I haven't been able to find any info on that.

Thanks!

Mike will likely answer, but I would guess not.

My experience with the Wyze are they seem to be very proprietary, though to be honest I haven't yet gotten into the depths of

what's possible with them. I initially got one for auroras, but I still use the AllSkEye software with a ZWO camera.

• Thanks 1

Hello!

Sorry the Wyze cameras are not supported by AllSkEye, I think they are propriatary to the app that comes with it. At the moment AllSkEye has support for:  Starlight Xpress, ZWO ASI, Altair Astro, QHY as well as any camera supported by the ASCOM or INDIGO frameworks.

All the best,

Mike

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi

Looking some help getting the programme migrated to a new PC.

I've copied the settings from AllSkeye on the current PC and loaded them into the new PC and the AllSkeye software.  The new PC is running a slightly newer version of AllSkeye.  Some entries on the FTP area didnt copy across when I loaded setting so I manually entered them including the password for FTP access.  However it keeps getting an error code and the latest image isnt uploading to my website.  Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks

Adam

Edited by tooth_dr

20 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Yes migrated the current settings over to new pc.

Mm. Perhaps ask Mike as if there's a bug. I'll stick my neck out and ask you didn't have finger trouble when you manually corrected wrong or missing values on the ftp?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Altocumulus said:

Mm. Perhaps ask Mike as if there's a bug. I'll stick my neck out and ask you didn't have finger trouble when you manually corrected wrong or missing values on the ftp?

It’s definitely possible!  But I copy and pasted from other sources so I’m not sure. But I’m going to go beck and put the old pc on the newest version of AllSkEye first and then try to migrate settings. Thanks for you input 👍🏼👍🏼

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Hi

Looking some help getting the programme migrated to a new PC.

I've copied the settings from AllSkeye on the current PC and loaded them into the new PC and the AllSkeye software.  The new PC is running a slightly newer version of AllSkeye.  Some entries on the FTP area didnt copy across when I loaded setting so I manually entered them including the password for FTP access.  However it keeps getting an error code and the latest image isnt uploading to my website.  Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks

Adam

It's likely you have not allowed for the fact that a new version of the app may have extra settings (that the previous version did not have) and the app is looking for them in your old config files. I see from the web site that logs/settings can be exported, it may be worth looking through the logs to see if any error is reported that makes sense to you based on your settings and the error code that comes up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevieDvd said:

It's likely you have not allowed for the fact that a new version of the app may have extra settings (that the previous version did not have) and the app is looking for them in your old config files. I see from the web site that logs/settings can be exported, it may be worth looking through the logs to see if any error is reported that makes sense to you based on your settings and the error code that comes up.

I've since tried a couple of things:

I installed the same old version 0.9.19.11 of the software onto my new PC.  I then installed the old settings into that on new PC - not working.

I installed the latest version 0.9.23.0 on my old PC and got it working ok.  I then saved those settings and tried them in the new version of the software on the new PC - not working.

The only difference I can see is that my new PC is 64bit and the old one is 32bit.

I'll send Mike and email to see if he has any ideas.

Getting this in the logs

<Error> -- 10/30/2022 14:09:03 -- LatestImage: Error: LogRecover, Login authentication failed,    at FluentFTP.FtpClient.Authenticate(String userName, String password)
   at FluentFTP.FtpClient.Connect()
   at AllSkEye.Modules.SharedServices.Services.FtpService..MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at AllSkEye.Modules.SharedServices.Services.FtpService...MoveNext()
   at AllSkEye.Modules.SharedServices.Services.FtpService..MoveNext()
   at AllSkEye.Modules.Main.Model.LatestImageDistributer..MoveNext()
   at AllSkEye.Modules.Main.Model.LatestImageDistributer..MoveNext()
   at AllSkEye.Modules.Main.Model.LatestImageDistributer..MoveNext()

Edited by tooth_dr

Looks like an issue with your FTP settings.  Username, password, url or port being wrong (upper versus lowercase perhaps). Or the FTP server being down.

Can you connect ok with the details using FTP command/client?

Your new machine may be blocking outward connections  and the problem is not with AllSkye.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

Looks like an issue with your FTP settings.  Username, password, url or port being wrong (upper versus lowercase perhaps). Or the FTP server being down.

Can you connect ok with the details using FTP command/client?

Your new machine may be blocking outward connections  and the problem is not with AllSkye.

I can upload when I plug the old PC back in, but the new one isnt working.  I've went over the settings a few times, all seem ok.  I'm not sure how to check if my new PC is blocking outward connections, but you could be right.  I've checked the firewall settings and AllSkeye is to be allowed through the firewall.

Edited by tooth_dr

Try opening a command window and type 'ftp'

When the prompt comes back as ftp> type 'open 192.168.1.1'  substitute the ftp ip address or hostname. It should then ask for a username & password

It might help hone in on the problem.

It's been a while since I did ftp at command level so a quick google for an online ftp server to use gave me this one as a  result - I've put my inputs in bold including the bye command to exit.

my PC

ftp> open test.rebex.net
Connected to test.rebex.net.
220 Microsoft FTP Service
Name (test.rebex.net:steve): demo
331 Password required for demo.
Password: password
230 User logged in.
Remote system type is Windows_NT.
ftp> bye

Hope that helps.

Steve

@StevieDvd not entirely sure what I'm doing, but I entered the external IP address and this is what I got.  Wont let me enter a password

220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 2 of 500 allowed.
220-Local time is now 07:53. Server port: 21.
220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
504 Unknown command
User (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:(none)): open 192.168.1.1.
331 User open 192.168.1.1. OK. Password required
Password:
530 Login authentication failed

@Altocumulus I tried just typing it in too. 

Edited by tooth_dr

Okay sorry if the example was poorly explained, you should get something like:

ftp> open 160.153.133.161
Connected to 160.153.133.161.
220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 1 of 500 allowed.
220-Local time is now 08:15. Server port: 21.
220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Name (160.153.133.161:steve):

Then add the user name from the settings you are using for allsky and then when prompted the password. You can exit using the'bye command