Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

4.5 hours on NGC 7023 (The Iris Nebula)

tooth_dr

52 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

I'm trying to find out what the edge on galaxy is on the top left of the image, cant seem to find out.

First of all, beautiful image! now that edge on galaxy, i'm surprised you spotted that, because boy did i have to focus my eyeballs good, and then, i took a magnifying glass to the screen!.

But it is there, that may be a hard target to identify seeing as (or barely seeing) lol it is so faint and small. 

5 hours ago, Sunshine said:

First of all, beautiful image! now that edge on galaxy, i'm surprised you spotted that, because boy did i have to focus my eyeballs good, and then, i took a magnifying glass to the screen!.

But it is there, that may be a hard target to identify seeing as (or barely seeing) lol it is so faint and small. 

Thank you. My nickname is hawk eye ?

15 minutes ago, Astroscot2 said:

I do like that, that did you take the images through?

Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for your comment.  I used a Skywatcher ED80 Pro, with the SW 0.85x FF, working out at about 510mm (although my plate solving program says 522mm) at F6.37 approx.  27 subs stacked, 27 x 600s.

28 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Hi Mark

Thanks for your comment.  I used a Skywatcher ED80 Pro, with the SW 0.85x FF, working out at about 510mm (although my plate solving program says 522mm) at F6.37 approx.  27 subs stacked, 27 x 600s.

Nice tight stars to the corners and plenty of dust,  If you had framed slightly different you may have also caught the gouls.

Mark

1 hour ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Very nice image. Any plans on adding colour later?

Thank you Michael. I have 3.5 hours of colour data that I will try to cobble together with this mono image. 

I might treat myself to registar for my birthday. 

1 hour ago, Astroscot2 said:

Nice tight stars to the corners and plenty of dust,  If you had framed slightly different you may have also caught the gouls.

Mark

I’m (in my head) planning a 3-pane mosaic of this over the LBN468. 

Archived