SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Just an idea Powerbank Counter Balance?

Ok, apologies if this sounds crazy, so here goes.

1: Counter Balance track on OTA

2: Half kilo counter weight on track adjustable.

3: Power Tank / Jump starter on floor.

4: Trailing Leads causing trip hazard.

5: That all adds up to ££££££'s and extra kit to pack.

Ok now my solution, or am I crazy.

Aluminium T'Track attached to OTA. T'Track sliding bolt and a bracket. POWERBANK attached as counter weight/Power supply.

I can they run cables to stuff mounted on OTA /  Microfocuser / imaging Kit / Goto Power Supply etc.

So no trip hazards, cables neat tidy on OTA, no cord wrap issue, smooth power supply, counter balance all from one piece of kit.

Going to try it maybe or am I crazy. I don't have a lot of extra weight on my LX90gps 8" so about half a kilo should do it.

What do you think??????

Example Powerbank:  EC Technology at £37,  

Key Specs – Capacity: 22,400mAh; Input: 2 x micro USB; Outputs: 2 x USB; Dimensions:157 x 78 x 22mm; Weight: 439g

best_power_banks_2018_ec_technology_1.jpg

Perfectly fine solution as long as your powerbank can supply 12V at sufficient current for you mount etc. The one you've shown is 5V USB only. The Tracer type batteries or similar would work well. The higher capacity ones are heavier but could possibly be accommodated with careful planning. ?

Alan

Yes true, I had copied the wrong details, the power banks I was looking at output at 3,5,9,12v and also as car boosters/starters but are similar sizes weights. So capacity no problem and all have multiple type outlets including jacks and usb.

Archived