Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging Challenge #17 - Through the Eyepiece

There are some changes to the Imaging Challenge this month, we have adjusted the prizes as we don't want people to take these challenge too seriously, they are a bit of fun after all :) We are also trying a new way to keep track of entries using a gallery instead - details below...

--------------------------------------------------

The theme for the sixteenth challenge - August 2018 - is Through the Eyepiece!

Start Date: 1st August 2018
End Date: 31st October 2018

Rules: With this challenge, any target goes but you must be imaging through the eyepiece - i.e. projection or afocal imaging. You can use a camera, phone, tablet, HB pencil - whatever you like but the view must come via an eyepiece! This is often how beginners start imaging and it would be great to showcase what can be achieved using this method. Have fun!

Prize: A personalised mug for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places featuring your image kindly provided by our sponsors FLO :) and a virtual trophy for your signature.

--

RULES

All data must be captured and processed by you (no collaborative entries). 
Data must be captured during the challenge start & end dates. 
Multiple entries are allowed but please start a new topic for each entry. 
Multiple submissions of the same image, processed differently, will not be accepted.

--

To enter please add your image to the Imaging Challenge #17 Gallery (each challenge will have it’s own). Please post as much information as possible - when it was taken, how it was captured and processed, etc. The info won't necessarily be used for judging but will help fellow SGLers looking to learn and improve their knowledge and technique.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's my first light image with my new Celestron 9.25 Evolution on the 19th August using a hand held mobile phone!

The wireless didn't work as it turned out so I've sent it back and replaced it with the Celestron 9.25 CGX. Very pleased with it!

Regards

Graeme

First Light.jpg

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, happy-kat said:

Did this competition finish, I can't see the winners thread?

Yes it did finish but it hasn’t been announced yet - we are running a bit behind on these - will aim to announce next week with the next challenge the week after so we catch up.

Archived