NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars & Saturn last night.

MilwaukeeLion

I like the spacing between these two, have to wait between trees to capture them but enough holes in trees to lock them in before they enter clearing.  Once Saturn disappears back into trees, chill for an hour then image Mars.  ZWO ASI 120mmS, C11, mini efw. RGB filters.  Wasn't confident of data with bright moon, seeing wouldn't allow barlow but got some detail.

1 - Copy.jpg

2 - Copy.jpg

3 - Copy.jpg

Excellent images ML, I've just been looking at Mars and could only make out one polar cap and no surface detail but it is low down over rooftops giving off the heat from a very hot day.

Dave

9 minutes ago, Victor Boesen said:

Very nice photos! Is it just me or does it look like more details are starting to become visible on the surface on Mars?

I was surprised to see detail in Green filter frames after stacking Mars.  During capture couldn't see much of anything in Green to focus on, saw absolutely nothing in Blue filter but fuzz ball.

27 minutes ago, MilwaukeeLion said:

I like the spacing between these two, have to wait between trees to capture them but enough holes in trees to lock them in before they enter clearing.  Once Saturn disappears back into trees, chill for an hour then image Mars.  ZWO ASI 120mmS, C11, mini efw. RGB filters.  Wasn't confident of data with bright moon, seeing wouldn't allow barlow but got some detail.

Nice images , particularly mars

Same here a quick luna into garage wait -45 mins on saturn into garage - wait an hour or so 45 mins on mars then wonder why its fading - garage

5 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Excellent images ML, I've just been looking at Mars and could only make out one polar cap and no surface detail but it is low down over rooftops giving off the heat from a very hot day.

Dave

Thanks Dave, yeah luckily it was a cool windy afternoon then went completely still at dusk and continued to cool.  I could just make out some details across middle of Mars with the red filter which helped me focus green and blue filters.

5 minutes ago, Ibbo! said:

Nice images , particularly mars

Same here a quick luna into garage wait -45 mins on saturn into garage - wait an hour or so 45 mins on mars then wonder why its fading - garage

Yep, start with moon, check finder, take luna frames, add barlow lens, remove barlow lens (99% of time), beer, image Sat, beer, image Mars, beer.

Just now, MilwaukeeLion said:

Yep, start with moon, check finder, take luna frames, add barlow lens, remove barlow lens (99% of time), beer, image Sat, beer, image Mars, beer.

Yes I forgot to mention the beer - speaking of which damn fine idea will also check if mars has cleared the wall

Archived