NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

And finally......

Tim

Starting to feel like a spammer here........

I think I posted a rough of this one a week or so ago, but this is the finished version of IC 1396 which I managed to capture at Kelling. This was also the final picture I added to my collection, and it also happens to be my personal favourite.

I am especially pleased with this one due to the circumstances in which it was obtained. There was a mighty wind blowing, and I had to park my car one side of the mount, put a tent on the other, and block the gaps with umbrellas wedged in trees. Also I'd had a problem with a cable snagging and pulling on the focusser of the WO72. The DSO before this one was NGC 7000, but it was slightly out of focus so I'm not gonna bother posting it, and also the first 6 subs of this set were ruined. So without a working focusser (no allen key) I manually,and literally shoved the focus tube into where I thought it should be, and tightened the locking screw. I'd have been pleased to get ANYTHING that night, I was especially pleased to get this one, in such a short time too, the clouds rolled in half way through the 6th exposure, and stayed for the rest of the holiday.

During processing I made the decision not to reduce the stars, as a mark of respect to the Milky Way, which played such a huge part in the Kelling nights, and there is a lovely array of star colours within the nebula.

So here is 5 x 360 secs @iso 1600, and 1 x 309 secs, through a WO72 megrez with MkII Focal reducer. Guiding was a C9.25 (@ f10). Canon 350D (modded). PHD, DSS and PS3 all played their part.

Thanks for looking, hope you have enjoyed my "Kelling Experience" as much as I have!

TJ

9446_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Starting to feel like a spammer here........

You are a spammer Tim, what with your cracking images sucking up valuable bandwidth. Go on, take 'em elsewhere, you're making the rest of us look bad :).

Tony..

Archived