NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Monday amazing Proms +poss new AR 9-7-18

xtreemchaos

cracking skys thismorrning with great seeing, theres a possible new AR just on the oncoming limb, my pic dos not show it well but through the ep it looks likely ,

kit starwave 102, quark, asi120mc.

hope you all have clear to view. thanks for looking from a very hot south wales. charl.

prom off going limb upper.

950081069_prom29-7-18c2.thumb.png.e1fe73584fdd0b57332ab13849064839.png

prom off going limb lower.

313857968_prom19-7-18c.thumb.png.9bd4014ce0265dec206c7ad43f27a2b8.png

proms oncoming limb lover very faint.

1991582909_prom39-8-18c.thumb.png.bbf7f44671102bf67390687a50fcc4dc.png

poss new AR, sorry the pics not too good ill update if I get better. and it would be nice if someone could conferm.

1143739324_ar9-7-18.thumb.png.1f6dd94df9fbccbc5dbc7a857f66842f.png

Good to see what I'm missing, overcast and very muggy here on the East coast. Bit of a Forrest of proms there, and it will be interesting to see if the possible AR develops further. 

thanks Michael, yes I did notice in your WL yesterday, I made a note to have a look in the area firstthing, in the vis there looks to be 3 small pores/spots but my cam declined to pick them up. hope you get to have a look if your skys improve. charl.

thanks Chris, thats a shame mate, its hot as hell here, 88 deg at 8am mind you yesterday was 92 at noon, I could do with a few cooler days my lappy was really warm while processing earlier. hope it clear with you . charl.

1 minute ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Chris, thats a shame mate, its hot as hell here, 88 deg at 8am mind you yesterday was 92 at noon, I could do with a few cooler days my lappy was really warm while processing earlier. hope it clear with you . charl.

It's all good, had a good session yesterday and another vid posted. Have you got one of those compressed air cans to blow out the dust from your laptops cooling vents? I swear by them. 

Lovely proms Charl, thanks for the view, stuck under the same clouds as Chris here.

Cleared yesterday too late then clouded over again just as it got dark enough for imaging.

Dave

thanks Chris, I cleaned it all out about a month ago and repasted the processor, its a 8 core thay run quite warm all the time, it was 72c which is quite hot but 90c is where it will auto shut down to save damage. charl.

thanks Dave, have you heard anything back from Ewan yet ?. ive cloud forcast for tomorrow, im glad im sick of the heat mate it was hard to sleep lastnight and I was drained thismorrning. hope it clears with you. charl.

1 hour ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Dave, have you heard anything back from Ewan yet ?. ive cloud forcast for tomorrow, im glad im sick of the heat mate it was hard to sleep lastnight and I was drained thismorrning. hope it clears with you. charl.

Ewan did a few images with his setup and agreed that while prom' images are fine surface is a let down.

Now started another dialogue with Daystar I'll let you know how it goes.

Countryfile weather forecast yesterday said we might get a cooler spell mid week.

Dave

Thanks Charl for the photos. I am outside at the moment with the PST + DS. There are two jets coming off the surface high on the South-West quadrant. The one is interesting because its not seen coming off the edge just straight off the surface - if you know what I mean. Signs of activity on the Eastern edge perhaps, as stated, a new AR.

There are some nice Proms as well.

thanks Shane, that was the shot which started the obsession mate ?, I carnt believe I when through nearly 40 years of astronomy without putting a camera to a telescope but I think im making up for it now, your so kind mate, its the quark which is perfict tool, it makes HA very easy I still fav WL when we have a nice AR to image. shooting through cloud thismorrning so back to the usal. thanks charl.

Archived