Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Welcome to FLO Tele Vue

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Helen said:

Are you doing the phone adapter?  I'm thinking either the TeleVue or the new Celestron one (the TV looks neater though)

Helen

We already list the Celestron one (https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/celestron-nexyz-3-axis-universal-smartphone-adapter.html) and will be adding the Tele Vue soon :)

Grant is currently playing with the Celestron one - it is very versatile and easy to adjust plus seems a nice solid fit to the few things we've tried it on so far.

2 minutes ago, FLO said:

We already list the Celestron one (https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/celestron-nexyz-3-axis-universal-smartphone-adapter.html) and will be adding the Tele Vue soon :)

Grant is currently playing with the Celestron one - it is very versatile and easy to adjust plus seems a nice solid fit to the few things we've tried it on so far.

Thanks - will be interested in Grant's view when he's finished playing.  It will be good to have a grab and go photo option - eg like last night when the moon briefly looked great through the Tak  before it clouded out ? 

Helen

PS timing for availability?

This is brilliant news, really pleased to read it, you know how many times I have asked you and Grant about stocking Tele Vue products :) I recall Grant particularly enjoyed some of the views we shared at Lucksall last year through some Ethos eyepieces.

My existing TV products so far include 2" 2X Powermate, Paracorr Type 2, 4.5mm and 10mm Delos EP's, 13mm and 21mm Ethos EP's, and a 31mm Panoptic EP. I guess that all adds up to more than I have paid for some of the telescopes I use them with, but can honestly say that I don't regret a single penny spent on any of the Tele Vue products, excellent quality, and because they get used time and time again, great value for money compared to some astro purchases.

As always, will be happy to demonstrate them for anyone interested at the October SGL Star Party, in an 18" Dobsonian.

Again, well done FLO, great news!

16 hours ago, FLO said:

You haven’t read the first post ?

Tele Vue telescopes, mounts and accessories will be added soon and are included in the stock delivery enroute to us. Is there something in particular you are considering? 

Steve 

My euphoria made me skim through too fast ?

I am considering a TV Gibraltar mount but without DSCs. 

16 hours ago, Helen said:

PS timing for availability?

Difficult to say at this stage, we will know more after we have placed and received a few stock orders. Best guess is 10-15 days. 

HTH, 

Steve 

13 hours ago, Tim said:

This is brilliant news, really pleased to read it, you know how many times I have asked you and Grant about stocking Tele Vue products :) I recall Grant particularly enjoyed some of the views we shared at Lucksall last year through some Ethos eyepieces.

I remember those conversations. I am sure you will remember how frustrated we were that it was taking so long ?

But here we are. Now we must demonstrate to Tele Vue their brand is in good hands ?

Steve 

Because I post images on here I'm regarded as 'an imager' but I also love visual observing. Over the years I've kept eight eyepieces. Seven of them are TeleVue. This is not because I worship brands. I absolutely don't. It's because I have never had better views through anything else I've owned or tried (but there are lots I haven't tried, of course.) As a provider I want, where possible, to provide the best available (though I don't have six million euros to take on Marc Bretton's nearby Ritchey Chrétien!) And so I have seven TeleVue eyepieces in my box. I'm an avowed atheist but in my heart I have to suspect divine intervention in the creation of the 13mm Ethos...

?lly

@25585Have you tried observing without your specs? The telescope focuser will take care of far or short-sightedness. And if you are wearing specs to correct eye astigmatism then you could try a Dioptrx, most people find it more effective at correcting astigmatism than specs. 

HTH, 

Steve 

32 minutes ago, FLO said:

@25585Have you tried observing without your specs? The telescope focuser will take care of far or short-sightedness. And if you are wearing specs to correct eye astigmatism then you could try a Dioptrx, most people find it more effective at correcting astigmatism than specs. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Oh yes tried without specs but ended with eye strain. My astigmatism is more complicated than a dioptre can handle sadly.

I need specs for looking to and fro from star charts and into my ep case etc as well.

9 hours ago, 25585 said:

Sorry but divine intervention would have provided enough usable eye relief for glasses wearers. Neither has happened. ?

That's a shame. I don't wear specs at the EP so this hadn't occurred to me.

Olly

The TV eps I do have are 41 & 35 Panoptics, 40 (pair) & 32 Plossls. (I also have 35 Eudiascopics which come in-between). 

For shorter FL I use Morpheus (9, 14, 17.5) Vixen LV/W (most) & Pentax XW (10, 7). Eye placement comfort as well as usable eye relief are both catered for by the above. 

My first ever TV was a 13mm original Nagler, which I sold to a forum member. If a T6 with a Dioptrix gave good enough naked eye relief & positioning ease, it would definitely appeal to me. (I bought the 14 Morpheus to come as close for TFOV)

17 minutes ago, 25585 said:

This is my current prescription. Left is my viewing eye. 

IMG_20170906_135329_edit1_edit.jpg

If you only use your left eye then you wouldn't need the prism as that is to stop double vision when using both eyes together but it could explain why you had eyestrain when you didn't have the glasses on because your eyes will try and compensate for the prism which will undoubtedly cause the eye muscles to feel a bit strained. 

3 hours ago, 25585 said:

@FLO I see you have the TV85 & Panoramic mount + tripod listed. 

Any other scopes to come, & the Gibraltar 5 mount? 

Good morning ?

We will be adding the other Tele Vue scopes and mounts over the coming days. The TV85 and Panoramic Mount were first because I wanted one of each for myself ? 

If you email us your requirements we’ll happily quote a price & ETA. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Archived