Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I am soooo out of practice...

Helen

Actually got the solar gear out late afternoon, probably for the first time since the eclipse!  My Solarscope filter needs to go for maintenance, so tried the old Lunt 50 filter set, then the quark, and finally the CaK.  Rather mixed results!  

Visually with the Lunt single stack the proms looked neat, double-stack added a little surface detail and the AR became visible.  Stuck the camera in and the result is below - not brilliant, but it is at least an image ?

sun-14-6-2018-col.thumb.jpg.6e5ee35c9681e003e3c2e666413ae9c9.jpg

The quark gave a uniformly flat disk and no prom activity - think it will have to go for checking out ? 

The Cak looked ok on the monitor, although not huge amount of detail, but stacking just makes me feel queasy looking at it! (brain tries to get it into focus but fails!). 

cak-col.thumb.jpg.e4e6f522dc3a875b1ef6b77dc35f90c2.jpg

So anyone got tips for which stacking software to use for CaK???? Thanks!

Helen

PS all taken with a Megrez 72 scope, Skyris camera, stack in AS!2/3, sharpened in ImPPG, and coloured in PS.

Looking good Helen.

I use AS!2 for CaK.  It works 100% of the time if you get the disc in one image and most of the time if you do a mosaic, although I don't often use mosaics in CaK.

Like you, this is my first solar imaging session since Feb, there is a lot to remember.

Robin

Archived