NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M57 - quick 33mins in all

johnh

I saw what looks very much like a faint spiral, but a search revealed nothing. Could someone Identify it. it is not doubt there.

Ron. :undecided:

IC1296? http://www.howell-ltd.com/Astronomy/html/M57%20and%20IC1296.html

John, what does 'binned 2x2' mean? I'm a bit of an imaging newbie.

Thanks Thing, Johnh's fuzzy is this shape, no mistake.

Ron.

Thing, in answer to your question about binning colour is a pain to get as much longer exposures are needed but if you bin colour can be obtained quickly.

Bin 2x2 feature is only contained in cooled ccd's like the atk/sbig/starlightxp - the ccd combines 2 by 2 pixels or 4 pixels to produce one super large/sensitive pixel 4 times more sensitive to get colour in a quick a time as possible.

This reduces resolution but colour is general and lower resolution does not seem to effect quality when it is blended with luminance (clear filter).

The rgb is 4 times smaller than the luminance after binning and needs to be resized before blending with the luminance - I use MaXimDL which makes this easy.

Only monochrome cooled ccd's have this, DSLR's/webcams do not. Hope this explanation not too technical?

Psychobilly beat me to it.

Thing, in answer to your question about binning colour is a pain to get as much longer exposures are needed but if you bin colour can be obtained quickly.

Bin 2x2 feature is only contained in cooled ccd's like the atk/sbig/starlightxp - the ccd combines 2 by 2 pixels or 4 pixels to produce one super large/sensitive pixel 4 times more sensitive to get colour in a quick a time as possible.

This reduces resolution but colour is general and lower resolution does not seem to effect quality when it is blended with luminance (clear filter).

The rgb is 4 times smaller than the luminance after binning and needs to be resized before blending with the luminance - I use MaXimDL which makes this easy.

Only monochrome cooled ccd's have this, DSLR's/webcams do not. Hope this explanation not too technical?

Psychobilly beat me to it.

Yes he did....thanks anyway!

Thing - I am flattered by your compliment, I too aspire to UKAIF heavyweights standard, in the end we will all get there. Also happy to pass on what little knowledge I have gained so far>

ngc2402 - I have to drag the big white monster in every night, only has to move 5 foot through the back door to and from the mount, takes slightly longer to setup/teardown than my 10"F5 - When it gets cold my teardown time will probably improve?

I am new to this Forum and would like to thank everyone for their kind energetic support regarding my imaging effort.

Thanks. :cheers: :cheers:

Archived