NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

the Plough

toxic

new data from the eos 200d and 50mm lens at f7.1 on the star adventurer 4 panel mosaic 10 x 120 second subs for each panel and 4 panels total of 80 minutes.

no LP filter no darks - flats where harmed in the making of this image :icon_biggrin: thanks for looking and all CC welcome

the Plough part of Ursa Major jpg ps.jpg

Love this! 

An object we all know like the back of our hand, and yet hardly anyone bothers to image <shamefully looks at self...>

Really surprised to see so much dust too. What are your skies like? 

11 hours ago, Xiga said:

Love this! 

An object we all know like the back of our hand, and yet hardly anyone bothers to image <shamefully looks at self...>

Really surprised to see so much dust too. What are your skies like? 

thank you 

and my skies hmmm not very good but at least the street light above the obsy is led now instead of white sodium and i managed to shield it.

16 minutes ago, toxic said:

thanks Wim 

yes there are a few dso's in there just a bit small though :smiley:

It's surprising, how many more than "a few" there are. Upload to astrometry.net, or a bit of hunting should reveal at least 6 messier objects, plus a fair share of ngc's. Faint and small, but visible.

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

It's surprising, how many more than "a few" there are. Upload to astrometry.net, or a bit of hunting should reveal at least 6 messier objects, plus a fair share of ngc's. Faint and small, but visible.

i did just that but i had to do each panel separately then overlay them but yes your correct there are a bit more than a few lol.:thumbright:

the Plough part of Ursa Major with annotation-psp.jpg

1 minute ago, Demonperformer said:

And your next job is to get a decent-sized image of each of them. That should be the 2020's sorted ... :happy11:

erm maybe if i lived in a different country but in the northeast uk several lifetimes i think and that's not even the whole constellation :icon_biggrin:

Archived