SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter 4:22 am C-11 - asi 178mm

MilwaukeeLion

Captured at max ROI 3096 x 2080.  C-11, ASI178mm, mini efw.  Had to turn off the furnace as Jupiter was over house and steam was rising into shot, let house drop to 55f.  Was too much of a wuss to stay outside so was running only about 17 fps with extension cords, stellarium scope.  RGB channels stacked separately in AS3, channels combined with LRGB synthesis in Nebulocity.  Was nice seeing Jupiter up close for first time this year.  Have some other ROI's to process, but kind of liked the moons in this image.  Just missed the GRS this morning.

Clear capturing !

jup2 (1 of 1) - Copy.jpg

jup3 (1 of 1) - Copy.jpg

15 hours ago, Craney said:

Any plans on using this cam for small DSO's or galaxies ??   (maybe with slighty less FL than the C-11 offers ).

Not sure how well it would do.  I picked it for small pixel size - mainly lunar (685 IR pass filter) & planetary (R,G,B filters), using those filters don't need barlow to reach critical sampling with C-11.  I've taken my best DSO image with refractor & 174mm - larger pixels.

Archived