Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Updated Progress with My Messier Chart - added in 2017

Stub Mandrel

Still lots missing and some really 'orrible images in there, but I'm slowly filling the gaps and replacing some of the lemons. Many are over-saturated or over processed. The open clusters also look a bit crummy when they are tiny.

I'd recommend making one of these to any imager, just to keep track and to show you how your skills improve - also it gives you a motivation to try harder on some of the smaller less spectacular objects. It's the low ones in Sagittarius that really elude me - I can't do them from home.

If anyone spots a mistake, PLEASE tell me!

5aa6fe2101b36_MessierObjects..thumb.png.8bab6a0a4ede4d20ef14a7dcff8c523c.png

Hi Neil,

Looking good. Hope you don't mind, but great minds, etc, etc... :smile:

Messier-List.thumb.jpg.d06eda58795827685cf216878acede0e.jpg

I added numbers to help me place new ones in the grid when I get them, then also started to add constellations to help me know when I could shoot the missing ones, but that got a bit tiresome so I gave up on that...

Cheers, Geof

you're both doing better than mine...i made the chart, added six to it and then promptly forgot about it until i happened upon it again 2 weeks ago.  Will follow this thread and see if i can catch up ;-)

Mike

Archived