Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Day 2 with the Lunt 50

laudropb

Second sunny day in a row so another chance to play with my new Lunt 50 Ha scope. I had read Gary’s post so I knew there was plenty of limb activity on show. The large prom at the 2 o’clock position was fairly easy to spot but I struggled to find the others . I could see there was something there further down the limb but it was very indistinct. I played around with the pressure tuner but to no avail. It then occurred to me it was probably a focussing issue. I replaced the supplied focuser with a Feather Touch focuser. What a difference. Easily spotted the other proms and could make out a fair bit of detail. Although this is only a single action focuser it is very smooth to use and fine focus adjust is easy.

Now after a warming coffee I will get back out and try to sketch the proms. Not that I am much good at sketching, but it is fun to try.

AED635A5-5C4A-47A6-A4B1-9F5D785BE994.jpeg

Archived