Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LazyFocus under windows 10.

Xilman

My old Win 7 box has died. It used lazyfocus.dll to drive the motorized focusser.

The new box has Win 10 Pro and most everything (TheSky, MaximDL, LesveDome, SX cameras, etc) now works after some re-installation and re-configuration.

The focusser steadfastly refuses to be driven by software. The Moonlite PRO ASCOM driver supposedly works as a LazyFocus driver but doesn't. Everything I have tried so far to install the old DLL has failed.

Has anyone managed to get LazyFocus to work under Win 10? If so, how?

Otherwise it looks like new hardware will have to be bought and got working.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

4 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

can you connect the hard drive from the old computer to your new one ??  if so it may be possible to copy over the missing dll, register it, then see if it works ....

BTDT, failed miserably. 8-(

A chap at the BAA (britastro.org) has told me of an alternative.  I will try it out and report back.

Thanks for providing that RAR. It is indeed identical to the one already on the TCS.  Nonetheless, I ran register.bat in an administrator mode CMD; it successfully installed the DLL. The registry entry was already present from an earlier attempt but I verified that it was as specified in the README.txt file.

What is NOT in the README is that one must double-click the LazyFocus.reg file to install extra gubbins in the registry. Once I did that, MaximDL could see the driver!  The SkyX had to be set to use an ASCOM Focus driver and then LazyFocus. Again, it works (though not in TheSky X 64-bit, unsurprisingly).

Thank you very much for your assisstance. Much appreciated. AFAIK I can now start doing astronomy again.

Pal

Edited by Xilman
Add note about 64-bit.

• 1 year later...

Hey there, I'm new to this forum, but I'm glad to see that you were able to get LazyFocus to work under Win 10! It's always frustrating when things don't work as expected, but it's great that you were able to find a solution. Thanks for sharing the steps you took to get it to work. It might come in handy for someone else who's facing a similar issue. I recently switched back to Windows myself, and I've been browsing through different forums to learn about different issues and solutions. I also found some helpful tips on the Reddit windows keys legit sub, which might be worth checking out if you haven't already.

Edited by buddyaderholt
  • Thanks 1