Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Edinburgh

markarian

Hi everyone

Been popping in here occasionally so thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a returning amateur who's trying to pick up in digital imaging after a break of several years from astronomy. Bought a new telescope recently (SkyMax 180 and EQ6) and built a new observatory to rekindle my interest. It's worked so far - having great fun when the weather allows. Lots of mistakes and lots to learn but that's the fun of astronomy. :)

Built a new website to chronicle my attempts at getting into digital imaging, just for the fun of it really: www.forthimage.co.uk

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark

Welcome from Glasgow. BTW, there's a local group of astronomers who meet up at dark sites around the central belt. The link is in my sig. Check us out and you're welcome to come along and join us.

Cheers, Martin

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Friendly bunch! :)

Martin - thanks for the invite. Might take you up sometime. Unfortunately my setup is very non-portable at the moment (I hate having to realign everything!). I live on the west edge of Edinburgh in a field so no street lights too close, just the glows of Edinburgh and Livingston on either side. Can still see the milky way from here (just) and take some images straight up, so I'm quite lucky given how close I live to Edinburgh.

Mark

Archived