Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M45 From Kelling

SteveL

3 clear nights at Kelling.... thats just unheard of! That means I had more nights out under the stars in one weekend than all of the summer put together...

OTA: NS8GPS @ f/2 (Hyperstar v3)

Guiding: William Optics ZenithStar 66 SD + DSI-C + PHD

RGB Imaging: QHY8 + MaximDL, 31x300s, IDAS

Stacked: DeepSkyStacker

Post Process: ImagesPlus + PSCS2 + Noel Carboni’s AstroTools

Note: Check out those crazy reflectionhalos of the QHY8 stuck out the front of the OTA :smiley: )

(Click on image for larger version)

m45_20080925_800.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve, that's really nice - there's a really odd effect that I can see though, where there's three circles with a perfect square in them visible in the outer nebulosity, must be an internal reflection from ... somethign ... showing up.

edit:

Note: Check out those crazy reflectionhalos of the QHY8 stuck out the front of the OTA icon_smile.gif )

Ah, that'll be that, then!

That is some shot there Steve. Love the colours that have been retained in the background stars. Star shape is good all the way to the corners. With the "click for larger version" - is that the original image size or has that been reduced to fit on the screen?

You have got some odd shadows at 1, 3 and 9 o'clock. Is that the hyperstar/camera bit.

Anthony

Steve, that's really nice - there's a really odd effect that I can see though, where there's three circles with a perfect square in them visible in the outer nebulosity, must be an internal reflection from ... somethign ... showing up.

"Note: Check out those crazy reflection halos of the QHY8 stuck out the front of the OTA"

With the "click for larger version" - is that the original image size or has that been reduced to fit on the screen?

The larger size is still half original size, but your browser may be auto-scaling it to fit into your window. Clickon the larger image and your browser should show it full size (and you`ll have to scroll around)

You have got some odd shadows at 1, 3 and 9 o'clock. Is that the hyperstar/camera bit.

Bright stars cause refelctions from the filters (like any other OTA), except I get crazy shadows that display the camera and cables :smiley:

Ah now that's hit the sweet spot. That's a phenomenal improvement Steve, not just the removal of the artefacts but the whole dynamic range looks much better. Don't know what you did but it was good. It's transformed it from a "wow" image to something really classy.

That is just Bl***y Electric mate. There have been quite a few Pleiades images on the board this last couple of weeks, and I think we have been treated to some exraordinary results from the differing systems that have recorded the cluster. They have all been exceptional.

Ron. :salute: :salute: :salute:

Archived