NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lovely Crescent Moon

andrew63

Indeed it was at 6% i think, nice views.

I had a short session with my ED80 and new to me Nagler Zoom 3-6mm, also the 150p as a comparison.
The ED80 won out by a fair lead to be honest, nice detail and fairly stable while I observed.
I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Yes observing right now with a very clear sky, I have to cover my plants tonight--would not be surprised for some frost tomorrow morning. Nonetheless the sky is very clear after a week of grey weather will take advantage to observe a few other objects.

Last night I managed an unexpected session with clear skies in the early evening twilight. The crescent 4 day moon was lovely and I explored up and down the terminator but stopped awhile at Mare Crisium, with Picard and Pierce looking sharp with good shadows. The very tip of the southern horn glowed like a lighthouse beacon, beautiful. Thought the clear spell might last longer into the evening. Wrong, the cloud rolled in and that was that. Still, good to be out behind the eyepiece.

Archived