Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Home safe...Pictures Please!

daz

3 nights of enforced (dont ask :smiley:) visual astronomy and 3 sunny days to chill out in , what a fantastic weekend.

Its always good to meet up with the guys from the forum and have a giggle and this was no exception.

A personal note of thanks to the wives (and Mrs MikeP) for the vast array of cakes to nibble on :bino2:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finding work a bit heavy going this morning. Come down time.

What a week end, perfect. Even got active optics working...sort of. Saw some very promising unprocessed images on peoples lap tops so looking forward to seeing the results.

Got home just after 5pm. Brilliant weekend, great food (salsa could have been hotter though), great company and more laughs than I've had in ages.

Special thanks to TJ for helping me analyse the fault with my guide camera and to TJ again loaning me another camera and Trudie for supplying the drivers so that I could get my mount guiding. Unfortunately by the time it all worked, I was too cream-crackered to image anything but once the problem with my camera is rectified, watch out.

Here's my contribution to the pictures.

This should give you an idea of how much dew there was

8888_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

A selection of the attendees having a bit of a laugh

8889_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Essential imaging equipment

8890_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

And finally, here's one of Mrs Daz who was insisting that I post it on the forum ...... I think that is what she was saying

8891_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Mike

Hi All,

Just wanted to thank all of the members of SGL who were at Kelling Heath at the weekend for making me feel so welcome. :smiley: It was great to meet you all and I would like to send a special thanks to Steve for accommodating me at the last minute, James for the loan of a pod in his tent and also to Chef, fantastic food although I must get a little quicker off the mark if I'm going to beat James to breakfast in the morning!! :bino2:

I hope Saturday evening wasn't too damp for you and I look forward to see you all again soon. :p

Thanks once again,

Michael

(Starlight Xpress Ltd.)

Back at base now :smiley:

We (myself Nettie and the boys) had a wonderful time, it was great to meet up again with so many members :bino2:

A big thanks to ADMIN for having organised the central observing area in the Blue field, to Greg, Daz and Steve (Kai) for donning their chefs hats again, to the wives for all the cakes(!) to Steve Chambers of Atik for visiting us with his cameras and also to Michael Hattey of Starlight Xpress for doing the same and then staying the night to help James and I with our imaging 8)

Am looking forward to next year!

kellingscopesSGL.jpg

Just be sure to put those fajitas on the menu

Mmm...Not too sure....i had some complaints and there was quite a lot left over.

So after consideration with the other chefs...the fajitas are off and a mixed green leaf salad is to replace it...

:smiley:

Do I smell a mutiny.... :shock:

I'll get my own coat... :bino2::p

So after consideration with the other chefs...the fajitas are off and a mixed green leaf salad is to replace it...

Phatire Stew anybody ????? followed by Phatire Crumble !!!!

Sheesh next it will be daily jogs around the red field :smiley:

Phatire Stew anybody ????? followed by Phatire Crumble !!!!

Sheesh next it will be daily jogs around the red field :smiley:

Steve

Not sure about a jog around the Red Field but it was good fun when Mike and I wandered up to the top of the Red field at 1am and started speaking loudly about how breatiful the sky looked etc...... :bino2:

Archived