Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lack of Christmas telescopes?

Dave Lloyd

13 minutes ago, bish said:

It probably is the weather. Either people haven't asked for them or  not had chance to use them.

Its a bit of all of the above for me.  I bought a scope, (Skywatcher 150p) then changed the original mount from 3-2 to EQ5 (with ADM saddle upgrade), but its now stuck in amongst our sons stuff that he piled in there until he moves out, then, weather permitting, I will be able to get to it.  After that, no doubt there will be many posts from me asking for advice on how to manage its use, though I understand what I need to do, I suspect putting into into practice may be a little more difficult. But then, very few things worth achieving are easy, and I think I tend to learn more getting things wrong than getting them right.  I might try to find people in the Caerphilly area that may be willing to meet up and point me in the right direction (pun intended) though I suspect this too might be difficult.  

My darling wife did mention that I spent a lot more of my time with my newtonian than her, I told her it required constant attention, adjusting this and that. I did suggest she bought me a nice ED refractor, she looked at the price and got me a coma corrector instead. :icon_santa:

Archived