NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heads up New AR 21-12-17

xtreemchaos

just a qwick heads up, we have a new AR, no its not my pic its sohos from there lardy dar space telescope " that's cheating":icon_biggrin:. nothing but evil cloud here in south wales and with me having a new mono cam its just not fair :hmh:. hope you all have clear.  charl. merry Christmas to one and all.

5a3b7db2b80ad_newAR21-12-17.thumb.png.7581ead61655f1db8e5557ece7fbde7d.png

where all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar wild.

Nice one Charl :thumbsup: Ive been watching this bubble into existence on GONG. Im off work and started to get excited when I thought I saw a shadow outside: it was merely a momentary thinning in the blanket of cloud ... Oh well, fingers crossed :)

Happy xmas + clear skies, low dew point, great seeing, excellent transparency, a new moon, jetsream way off south, flood light fuse to go in the neighbours house ... I don't want much for us all for Christmas, huh?! :grin:

thanks Guys, ive thick fog here thismorrning, but looking online the AR has evoloved loads overnight

mdi_sunspots_1024.thumb.png.46e5ce95ee9b0da1cfd2e476e2a60c22.png

merry Christmas Gus.

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 09:54, Knighty2112 said:

Have a good Christmas mate! Cheers!

merry Christmas Michael, hope you get some clear bits mate.

21 hours ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

just cloudy all day, unless it's foggy

merry Christmas John, hope the smoke blows away mate.

21 hours ago, Lowjiber said:

wild fires have my atmosphere full of desert

merry Christmas Naillk, hope you get it all

15 hours ago, niallk said:

Happy xmas + clear skies, low dew point, great seeing, excellent transparency, a new moon, jetsream way off south, flood light fuse to go in the neighbours house ... I don't want much for us all for Christmas, huh?! :grin:

I think we best call it the Christmas AR.  charl.

Grey blanket here but Sun is too low to image anyway, looking forward to next year now, motor focuser coming by Royal Mail next day delivery has taken 3 days so far and still no sign of it, be lucky to get it before Christmas now.

Wonder when the Solar Minimum reaches it's nadir ?

Merry Christmas to you and yours Charl.

Dave :icon_santa:

Archived